WEST Announcements- 2/28/2013: Faculty Edition
WEST Announcements, February 28, 2013
Tallinn, Estonia, 2/24/1919
Estonia marked the 95th anniversary of its independence on February 24. Happy Birthday, Estonia!
SPECIAL EVENT: Please let any potentially interested students know about the PromoDoc information session with K. Peter Kuchinke at 4:00 PM, 3/5/2013 which will provide lots of helpful information about graduate studies in Europe.
- Tonight: Dhar India Studies Lecture: “Deltas & Deities: Landscapes of Debt,”Arindam Dutta (MIT), 5:00PM 2/28/2013
- Film Series:Same-Sex Relationships in Italian Cinema
- REEI Conference: Ready for Democracy? 2/28/2013-3/2/2013
- Noon Concert/Lecture Series: Caswell Sisters (Jazz vocals and violin) 12:00PM, 3/1/2013
- Eurohistory Workshop: “Bathing Bulgarians, Saving the World: American Bible Women and Hygiene in the Late 19th Century Balkans,” Mary Neuburger (University of Texas at Austin) 1:00PM, 3/1/2013
- FRIT Conference: Negotiation and Renegotiation, 3/1/2013-3/2/2013
- FRIT Lecture: “Motherland, Fatherland, Homeland: Negotiating Parental Metaphors of the Madre Patria,” Ernesto Livorni (University of Wisconsin) 3:00PM, 3/2/2013
- Concert: “Concierto de Aranjuez,” Iván Maceda(IU), 1:00PM, 3/3/2013
- Lecture: “Moores Thesis: What’s Left of Revolutionary Violence since 1989?” Michael Bernhard (Florida University), 4:00 PM 3/5/2013
- Lecture: “An intervention account for the distribution of Main Clause Phenomena,” Liliane Haegeman (Ghent University, Belgium), 5:30 PM, 3/6/2013
- Global Perspectives Lecture: “The Worlds of Joseph Conrad,” Maya Jasanoff (Harvard), 4:00PM 3/7/2013
- An Evening with Rick Steves, popular travel writer @ the Buskirk-Chumley, 7:00PM 3/16/2013
- SWSEEL Deadline: Tomorrow, 3/1/2013
- WANTED: Video Conference Presenter for a High School Spanish class about music in the Spanish-speaking world; 3/21/2013
- Been to Venice? Here’s an opportunity to be interviewed about your experience!
- Framing the Global: Center for the Study of Global Change(IU), proposals due 4/15/2013