Graduate Announcements March 12- March 16
- The Sound of Jewish Modernity: Sephardic Hebrew and the Berlin Haskalah, Monday March 19 at 7:30 in State Room East, IMU
- Romancing Sephardic Jewry: Orientalism in a German-Jewish Key Tuesday March 20 7:30 State Room East, IMU
- NEW Colloquium: Haya Bar-Itzhak, Women in Times of Persecution in Jewish Folk Legends Women in Times of Persecution in Jewish Folk Legends. Friday March 23- 3:30-5:00 Performance & Lecture Hall (800 N Indiana Ave)
- NEW The 2012 Western US Graduate Research Workshop on the European Union hosted by the European Union Centers of Boulder, Berkley, and Seattle. Deadline for applications, March 26.
- NEW The Jew with the Coin: Analysis of a Contemporary Folkloric Emblem. April 4th, 4:00 Maple Room IMU.
- NEW Power Play: Energy Security and Sustainability among the EU’s Eastern Partners? Thursday April 5th 4:00 SPEA Room 167. Sponsored by the EC Center.
- Stammtisch German Language Table, Every Tuesday at 6:30, Bear’s Place
- Norwegian & Swedish Conversation (Kaffepause & Fika) March 27 & April 24 7-8 p.m. at the IMU Starbucks – look for the flags!
- Exhibit Reception–ESSE QUAM VIDERI Muslim self portraits sponsored by Voices and Visions: Islam and Muslims from a Global Perspective, an Indiana University project, Now until June 17at Mathers Museum
- IUB Library workshops (throughout the semester)
CALLS FOR PAPERS
- NEW Call for Proposals- University of Minnesota Fourth International Conference on Language Immersion Education Immersion 2012: Bridging Contexts for a Multilingual World. Submission Deadline March 26.
- Workshop hosted by Durham University on The German Diaspora in Eastern and Central Europe and the former Soviet Union 22- 23 June 2012. Abstracts due 31 March
FUNDING / EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
- NEW Online Summer Reading Knowledge Dutch Course. May 8-June 19.
- NEW SWSEEL is still accepting applications for intensive language study in summer 2012! Priority Deadline has passed.
- NEW European Human Rights Policy: Western Europe, the EU, and the Third World. POLS-Y407 & WEUR-W405. 3rd-4 Weeks Summer Course.
- Proposals Due to Teach a Class at Collins Living-Learning Center Deadline: Thursday March 15
- NEW Annual Study Abroad: Studying in Germany Information Session. Wednesday, March 28 at 7pm in Ballantine Hall 008.
- Balassi Institute Graduate Fellowship in Hungarian Studies. Applications due March 15-April 1.
- NEW Call for Applications: American Council of Learned Societies’ new Public Policy Fellows Program. Deadline March 21.
- Advanced Strategies for Funding Databases: A GradGrants Center Workshop, March 28, 1pm: online, April 13, 2pm: Wells Library West 402
- NEW 4th International Conference in Polish Studies, to be held October 15-18, 2012 in Chicago. Abstracts due by March 31 to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- EUROPEUM Institute for European Policy, Czech think tank, summer school program entitled title “Europe At The Crossroads” in Prague July 7-19. Application Deadline Thursday May 31.
- Research Assistant Opportunity in Security or Economics at Harvard’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs. Opens: March 2012
- NEW Call for Papers 2012 CESS Regional Conference (July 20-21 in Tbilisi, Georgia) and 2012 CESS Annual Conference (October 18-21 in Bloomington, IN) Deadline April 1
- Summer Internship Opportunity at the European Parliament Liaison Office with the US Congress. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday April 1.
- Global Careers Boot Camp in Washington DC, Boston, or New York. Select dates April- May.
- Dubrovnik International University (DIU) and the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (ICD) in Berlin are pleased to announce the launch of a graduate Master of Arts program in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy starting March 26th, 2012
- REEI/Mellon Grants-in-Aid of Research and Travel Deadline Sunday April 1
- WEST Mellon Travel Grants. Deadline Sunday April 1
- NEW Karl Jaspers Centre for Advanced Transcultural Studies, Heidelberg Summer Conference July 29 to August 4, Seeing Matter(s): Materiality and Visuality” will explore the role of visual and material culture in the context of transcultural exchange processes between Asia and Europe. Application deadline April 15.
- Prague Summer Schools. Early Bird Application Deadline Sunday April 15, Final Application Deadline Tuesday May 15
- NEW 2012 DAAD Video Contest “Germany because…” Submissions due Friday April 20.Goethe Institute, Chicago, Comic Competition Deadline: Friday April 20
- Civitas Summer Professional Internships in International Politics, Diplomacy, Government, EU integration, Civil Society, Community Engagement in Warsaw, Poland (in ENGLISH) Deadline: Tuesday April 10th or Friday April 20th depending on length of internship
- Institute of German Studies in Birmingham (UK) will be accepting approximately 80 doctoral applicants for the Leverhulme early career fellowship program
- Registration for the 2012 ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research is now open!
- Two scholarship awards for Women and Minority Graduate Students to attend the ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research. Deadline April 30
- Prague Summer Schools 2012 at the Prague Center for Public Policy, June 30 – July 7, 2012 Early Bird Application Deadline: Tuesday April 30, 2012, Final Deadline: Tuesday May 15, 2012
1. NEW Postdoctoral position available at Freie Universität Berlin with Expertise in transatlantic relations, particularly human rights and democracy promotion policies (EU and US). Submission Deadline March 12
2. NEW Postdoctoral fellowships at the Research College “The Transformative Power of Europe” Applications due by April 15