Graduate Announcements March 5- March 9
- NEW Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis Colloquium Series, Spring 2012: THE SCALAR REORGANIZATION OF NATURAL RESOURCE GOVERNANCE IN EUROPE: COMPARING AND THEORIZING ABOUT THE TRANSFORMATION OF WATER AND MARINE GOVERANCE IN SPAIN, PORTUGAL AND GERMANY. March 5 12:00-1:30 Tocqueville Room IUB.
- “Who are the Real Chosen People: The Meaning of Chosenness in Judiasm, Christianity, and Islam.” Monday, March 5, 7:30 p.m. Dogwood Room, Indiana Memorial Union.
- Republic of Hungary Ambassador to the United States György Szapáry “Melting the Iceberg: How to deal with the debt crisis?” Wednesday, March 7, 4:00 PM Fine Arts 102. Sponsored by EU Center
- FAFSA Applications are due March 10 for the 2012-2013 school year.
- NEW Balassi Institute Graduate Fellowship in Hungarian Studies. Applications due March 15-April 1.
- The Sound of Jewish Modernity: Sephardic Hebrew and the Berlin Haskalah, Monday March 19 at 7:30 in State Room East, IMU
- Romancing Sephardic Jewry: Orientalism in a German-Jewish Key Tuesday March 20 7:30 State Room East, IMU
- NEW The 2012 Western US Graduate Research Workshop on the European Union hosted by the European Union Centers of Boulder, Berkley, and Seattle. Deadline for applications, March 26.
- Stammtisch German Language Table, Every Tuesday at 6:30, Bear’s Place
- Norwegian & Swedish Conversation (Kaffepause & Fika) 7-8 p.m. at the IMU Starbucks – look for the flags! On March 27 & April 24
- Exhibit Reception–ESSE QUAM VIDERI Muslim self portraits sponsored by Voices and Visions: Islam and Muslims from a Global Perspective, an Indiana University project, Now until June 17at Mathers Museum
- IUB Library workshops (throughout the semester)
CALLS FOR PAPERS
- Sixth Annual Conference on Exploring Approaches to Cultures & Languages Across the Curriculum hosted by the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis March 9-10. Register by Thursday March 1st for best available price (Half price for graduate students)
- Workshop hosted by Durham University on The German Diaspora in Eastern and Central Europe and the former Soviet Union 22- 23 June 2012. Abstracts due 31 March
FUNDING / EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
- NEW European Human Rights Policy: Western Europe, the EU, and the Third World. POLS-Y407 & WEUR-W405. 3rd-4 Weeks Summer Course.
- Advanced Strategies for Funding Databases: A GradGrants Center Workshop, March 9, 2pm: Wells Library West 402, March 28, 1pm: online, April 13, 2pm: Wells Library West 402
- Summer Internship Opportunity at the European Parliament Liaison Office with the US Congress. Apply to email@example.com by Sunday April 1.
- Global Careers Boot Camp in Washington DC, Boston, or New York. Select dates April- May.
- EUROPEUM Institute for European Policy, Czech think tank, summer school program entitled title “Europe At The Crossroads” in Prague July 7-19. Application Deadline Thursday May 31.
- Research Assistant Opportunity in Security or Economics at Harvard’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs.Opens: March 2012
- 2012-2013 Sara and Albert Reuben Scholarships To Support the Study of the Holocaust. Application Deadline: Thursday March 1st or Thursday March 8th
- Proposals Due to Teach a Class at Collins Living-Learning Center Deadline: Thursday March 15
- Dubrovnik International University (DIU) and the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (ICD) in Berlin are pleased to announce the launch of a graduate Master of Arts program in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy starting March 26th, 2012
- REEI/Mellon Grants-in-Aid of Research and Travel Deadline Sunday April 1
- WEST Mellon Travel Grants. Deadline Sunday April 1
- Prague Summer Schools. Early Bird Application Deadline Sunday April 15, Final Application Deadline Tuesday May 15
- Goethe Institute, Chicago, Comic Competition Deadline: Friday April 20
- Civitas Summer Professional Internships in International Politics, Diplomacy, Government, EU integration, Civil Society, Community Engagement in Warsaw, Poland (in ENGLISH) Deadline: Tuesday April 10th or Friday April 20th depending on length of internship
- Institute of German Studies in Birmingham (UK) will be accepting approximately 80 doctoral applicants for the Leverhulme early career fellowship program
- Registration for the 2012 ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research is now open!
- Two scholarship awards for Women and Minority Graduate Students to attend the ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research. Deadline April 30
- Prague Summer Schools 2012 at the Prague Center for Public Policy, June 30 – July 7, 2012 Early Bird Application Deadline: Tuesday April 30, 2012, Final Deadline: Tuesday May 15, 2012
1. NEW Postdoctoral position available at Freie Universität Berlin with Expertise in transatlantic relations, particularly human rights and democracy promotion policies (EU and US). Submission Deadline March 12