Grad Student Announcements 12/8/2011
- NEW! Finnish Film: Rare Exports, Dec. 8 @ 6:30 p.m. in Myers Hall 130
- NEW! “Could the Euro Implode?” – Jan. 11 with the World Trade Club of Indiana *
- NEW! The Euro Crisis: Sovereign Debt or External Imbalances? Jan 12., 1-2:15 pm @ IMU, Oak Room *
* WEST/EU Center Sponsored Event
- NEW! Latest FPA Jobs Postings
- DAAD New York Opportunities
- Internship: The International Center in Indianapolis, Spring, Summer and Fall Internships
- Internships Abroad: AIESEC Internships Abroad Information Sessions
- NEW! University of Vienna‘s International Summer Program 2012
- NEW! Latest Jobs in European Affairs
- Call for Papers: University Institute of European Studies (IUEE) “Territorial Cooperation in the European Union” (2st – 4th of May 2012), Deadline: Dec. 31
- NEW! Call for Papers: The Student Association on Terrorism and Security Analysis (SATSA) 8th Annual Conference on National and International Security, March 2012, Deadline is Jan. 1
- Call for Papers for International Conference: “International Organizations, Networks and Diffusions of Policies” in Berlin, Deadline Jan. 15
- Call for Proposals: SDAW on Transatlantic Relations, Deadline: March 31
- NEW! International Enhancement Grants & Pre-dissertation Grants, OVPIA Graduate Student Awards, Deadline Feb. 17
Institute for Cultural Diplomacy Conferences
The Institute for Cultural Diplomacy is currently accepting applications for the events below, all of which will take place from November 2011 – January 2012. The Programs will bring together governmental and diplomatic officials, civil society practitioners, private sector representatives, journalists, young professionals, students and scholars, and other interested stakeholders from across the world for a program of lectures, workshops, panel and group discussions and social and cultural activities featuring leading figures from the fields of politics, the arts, academia, media, and business.
- The ICD Annual Academic Conference on Cultural Diplomacy 2011
“Cultural Diplomacy and International Relations: New Actors, New Initiatives, New Targets”
(Berlin, December 15th – 18th, 2011)
- The European African Alliance Conference 2012
Development Initiatives, Trade Relations and Interregional Cultural Exchange in the European African Alliance
- ICD Young Leaders Forum
Cultural Diplomacy in Africa: A Forum for Young Leaders
(Weeklong Seminar, Berlin, January 9th – 15th, 2012)
Call for Papers: Pittsburgh Papers on the EU
The European Union Center of Excellence at the University of Pittsburgh welcomes submissions of scholarly works appropriate for the Pittsburgh Papers on the European Union. Under the editorship of Professor Alberta Sbragia, Vice-Provost for Graduate Studies, the Papers will be a free-standing scholarly papers series, meaning that papers will be published individually, allowing for somewhat longer manuscripts. Submissions are welcome from scholars or practitioners working in the United States, Europe or elsewhere and at all career levels. All submissions will be screened for topic and length, and all published papers will have been subject to double blind anonymous review.
Submissions are encouraged from all disciplines related to the contemporary or historical dynamics of the European Union. This could include domestic or transnational issues or relations among members, accession or candidate states or the EU within a regional or global context.
For further information, please visit www.ucis.pitt.edu/euce/content/pittsburgh-papers-european-union and contact Dr. Allyson Delnore, Associate Director, EUCE/ESC at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-624-5404.